Looking for a little more excitement than the average trail ride? Our running horseback riding tour gives you the opportunity to let the horses run to a full canter on several parts of the trail!
- Lap Child
About Your Brown County Horseback Riding Adventure
This is our walk and trot trail, and is the best option for most of our customers. It is essentially first and second gear on the back of a horse. Beginner and intermediate riders should stick to this walk and trot trail until they are fully comfortable.
Kids giggle and laugh while the parents do their best to forget the stresses of life and enjoy the peace of the woods. Nonparents will still enjoy the scenery and the great body workout that horseback riding brings.
Bring the whole family! We have no age limit. Children small enough to ride with a parent can do so, but we suggest anyone over six years old rides their own gentle horse. We match you up with one of our wonderful herd members when you arrive after assessing your abilities and needs. We have horses for everyone, and they love making new friends.
Book your Nashville horseback riding tour today.
- All doubles will be included on this trail and we usually try to put you in line toward the end. Most lap kids have a great time but on occasion, an adult and kid are a bit too large to ride together and that can cause a little more rubbing than a child cares for.
- Folks who are 200+ lbs should stick to this trail, instead of the running trail. Being on a running horse and trying to keep your center of gravity can be challenging at the 200+ range. The trotting ride isn’t as fast and you don’t bounce as high. Please take our word for it and follow these suggestions.
- Please arrive 20 minutes early.
- For 1.5- or 2-hour rides, please give us a call to discuss availability.
- Please note: As of 8/1/15 all riders 17 years old and younger who ride by themselves must wear a helmet. You can bring a bike helmet from home or use one of our helmets.